July 23, 2012

Eats: Tomates a la Provencal


As I've previously mentioned, N and I have been making an effort to hit our local farmer's market on a weekly basis. Not too long ago, we came home with these gorgeous, and extremely large, tomatoes from one of the local farmers' stands. I thought for quite some time how to best enjoy them, other than the usual slice and chop for a salad or sandwich, and had a eureka moment when I found this recipe on the wonderful blog Manger.

Heavenly... that's the only word to describe how wonderful these stuffed tomatoes really were. They tingled the taste buds in the best way possible. And I served them with an Orzo Salad recipe that I adapted from The Kitchn blog. Instead of Spinach pesto, I made Arugula pesto because we had bought some fresh arugula with our tomatoes. The peppery kick of the arugula went so well with the mellow richness of the broiled tomatoes.

A perfect summer meal! Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

  1. Yum, yum, yum. And seriously, I'll take arugula over spinach any day. Hands down. I've been meaning to ask, have you ever taken a food styling course? I know that you take a photography class. Is food styling covered, or do you just have a natural knack for it? As always, I love your eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I have not taken a food styling course. However, I have read lots of blog posts about food styling which has been helpful in training my eye. Thank you for your kind words, as always!

      Delete

 

My Grammar of Ornament All rights reserved
© Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger