August 13, 2012

Eats: Dinner with Julia



In my mind, Julia Child has always been and will always be the pinnacle of French cooking. So it's not surprising that until this weekend, I had never made or followed a Julia Child's recipe in my life. They just seemed too intimidating, even though the grande dame herself is the one that made French cooking so easily accessible to people like me. In honor of what would be her 100th birthday, I gladly rolled up my sleeves and got to work making a dinner I'm sure Julia would be proud of: moules à la marienière (mussels steamed in white wine) avec les pommes frites (french fries) et pour le dessert, mousse au chocolat (chocolate mousse). 



In true Julia Child fashion, everything turned out marvelous, even though I'm sure I made a few mistakes along the way. Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Grammar of Ornament All rights reserved
© Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger