January 29, 2011

Classic Movie Inspiration: Lust for Gold & Mackenna's Gold

photo via here
photo via here
photo via here
photo via here

First up in my classic movie education: Westerns. I never thought I would be one for the cowboys and Indians genre, but as I mentioned in my last post, it's the classic film area that is exciting my honey most at the moment, so I'm going along with it. Actually, westerns aren't nearly as uninteresting as I thought they would be; I'm even finding myself enjoying them. But then you really can't go wrong with with guys like Glenn Ford and Gregory Peck, can you? And there's usually a little romance thrown into these old story lines to appeal to the ladies as well as the gents, with some gorgeous, tough leading broads, like Ida Lupino and Camilla Sparv.

photo via here

photo via here
I admit, I won't be doing movie reviews here; but for what it's worth, you can count on my liking a movie if I actually write a post about it. Watching Lust for Gold and Mackenna's Gold, movies that highlight the greed and unbeknown misfortune of the gold rush, sure got me lusting for a bit of gold in my life. Here are some gold items I'm coveting right now...

1 comment:

  1. Movie posters used to be so much more interesting than they are now! Hand-done painted type and illustrations just gave them so much more character I think.

    P.S. Camilla Sparv looks badass in those pictures, love it. Mackenna's Gold added to my to-watch list!

    ReplyDelete

 

My Grammar of Ornament All rights reserved
© Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger