October 11, 2011

Inspiration: An Everlasting Meal

via
Simply cook - it's what I told myself last week and it's what I'll tell myself again this week. I'll probably have to tell myself this for many weeks to come, so I was so happy to discover this soon to be released book. An Everlasting Meal: Cooking with Economy and Grace by Tamar E. Adler explores just that, the idea of cooking as a way of thinking rather than a list of complicated ingredients and instructions. I can't express how encouraging it is to find resources that reinforce an idea you've had in your head for some time and have been trying to act upon, but might need a little more direction and inspiration. 

Tamar E. Adler
In anticipation of the book's release next Tuesday, I've spent some time on Adler's website and blog, where she shares excerpts and further explores some of the ideas she discusses in her book. I especially love the video series she has started, that she describes as such:

"Instead of standard instructional videos, we wanted to illustrate the  essence of the strategies and mindsets in An Everlasting Meal, both to get you excited about reading it and get you excited about the conveniences and pleasures of the kitchen."

This video is just lovely (as I know the book will be too!).


How to Stride Ahead - Part Two from CJ Richter on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Grammar of Ornament All rights reserved
© Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger