October 26, 2011

Of the Moment: Kilim

via Remodelista
In my quest to mix things up decor-wise with our house, I've completely fallen for vintage kilim rugs, especially when they've been remade into pillow covers. I'm fairly certain my attraction to kilim pillows began about two years ago on my first trip to Santa Fe, NM, as documented by this photo I took of a pillow in the house we were staying in:


Since that trip, my preoccupation with kilim pillows has deepened, immensely. I love the variety of colors; I love all the different intricate designs; and I love that each feels like its own unique masterpiece. Their visual appeal is the same whether they stand on their own or are used in pairs and groups; they're versatile.

via Apartment Therapy


Residence Magazine via Undecorate
via Apartment Therapy

I haven't pulled the trigger yet and bought any for our home, as they can be a little on the pricey side. I've got my eye on several ebay stores that carry them at reasonable prices (here and here) because I think a pair of them would look divine on our tan leather sofa. Until I find just the right ones, in just the right size, I'll continue ogling them from afar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Grammar of Ornament All rights reserved
© Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger