September 30, 2014

Inspiration: The Small Things


"_ didn't divide problems into big and small like everyone else does. He always said that angels are in the simple things; you never find angels where things are complicated. He believed that the small things are important." - The Awakening of Miss Prim

If you didn't already know it, I'm a reader. I love to read! But I especially love to read when a story can take me out of my own world and into another. Non-fiction won't hold my interest for more than a day, but a novel can hold a place in my heart for a lifetime. I like to stagger my reading, a challenging read followed by a much lighter tale, but recently, light reading is about all I can handle.


And sometimes the most surprising enlightening thoughts can come out of a light read. Like the quote above from the book The Awakening of Miss Prim by Natalia Sanmartin Fenollera. This book keeps reminding me that life is about the little things, not big enormous things we tend to think are most important.


I've had a lot of big things happen to me this year - - I became a mother; I moved to a new home; I lost loved ones; I took on a new position at work; I had several good friends move to new cities. That's a lot of big life changes in a relatively short amount of time. And yes, at times, I'm feeling completely overwhelmed by how complicated things can be. But this book...it's helped bring life back into focus around the small things, the simple things. Because a life made up of all the small things doesn't seem nearly as scary to navigate as one made up of the big complicated things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Grammar of Ornament All rights reserved
© Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger