September 15, 2014

Keep Your Chin Up


My dad used to always tell me to "keep my chin up" when I was down about something. So, it's only fitting that a fortune cookie I got a few weeks ago would remind me to do just that. Oh wise fortune cookie, how I needed to hear those words!

The so-called "getting on with life" is hard and yet I know it's what he would want for us. It doesn't mean that it's not completely overwhelming at the same time. You see, so much change has taken place since this terrible ordeal happened - I've lost more than one family member, moved into a new home and had major job change/promotion in just the past 7 months. To say we've been living out of boxes for months now is NOT an understatement, it's the gosh darn truth. And I know it's time to start living again - settle into our house and actually make it a home, start seeing friends again on weekends, etc - but it's hard to kick start all of that when you feel like you've been blown over by a tornado! To pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get on with it isn't that easy, but my desire to is growing with each day. Healing is a slow process and admitting that life will go on even if there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him numerous times is just the start.

Yes, dad, I'm taking your advice and doing my best to keep my chin up each and every day because I know it's what you would want for me and what you expect of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Grammar of Ornament All rights reserved
© Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger