February 8, 2011

Classic Movie Inspiration: Lust for Life

photo via here
With the Academy Awards just around the corner, I've been spending some time catching up on previous years' award winning films. As an art history and French major in college, I was extremely excited to finally watch Lust for Life, the story of Vincent Van Gogh, with Kirk Douglas starring as the moody and temperamental artistic genius. Winning the Golden Globe for Best Motion Picture Actor-Drama and nominated for the Best Actor in a Leading Role at the Academy Awards, Kirk Douglas was absolutely smashing in this role...
via Dr Macro
via Dr Macro
Anthony Quinn won the 1957 Oscar for Best Supporting Role, playing fellow artist, friend and sometimes foe, Paul Gauguin. Another spot on performance, I must say...
via Dr Macro
via Dr Macro
Despite Van Gogh's mental madness, his depictions of his surroundings are filled with color, light, emotion and beauty. Here are a few things I've found that reflect both his work and this film that I'm wanting right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Grammar of Ornament All rights reserved
© Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger