March 26, 2012

Weekend Snapshots
























This weekend was especially good. I don't know if it was the gorgeous weather or the fun artsy activities or just the fact that I was able to really relax for the first time in what seems like ages, but it was GOOD my friends. I did my best to capture some of the weekend's greatness with my camera phone.
























We took a jaunt over to Laguna Gloria to walk around the grounds and see some gorgeous lake views. We especially liked the male peacock we spied up in a tree. He was gorgeous - the most indescribable peacock blue I've ever see!













We also headed over to the Blanton Museum of Art specifically to check out their Hudson River School exhibition, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed their Go West! exhibition. N particularly like the more contemporary art where he was better able to study some of the painterly technique and brushstrokes the artists employed. 







Saturday evening, I was fortunate to attend a performance by Ballet Austin of Light/The Holocaust & Humanity Project with my wonderful mother. The performance was jaw-dropping - intensely powerful and beautiful - I came out of there with a sort of different view on life.








The rest of the weekend was spent outside enjoying the gorgeous weather - taking Lily for walks in the park and spending lots of time on our back deck under the umbrella reading, dining al fresco and watching the birds. As N put it: enjoying la dulce vita!


image credits: all images by me; except the Ballet Austin Light photograph which is by Amitava Sarkar & Hannah Neal from the Light/Holocaust & Humanity Project website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Grammar of Ornament All rights reserved
© Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger