May 31, 2012

Eats: Crepes























In the midst of my recent vacation daydreams and revisiting past trips, I remembered my visit to France in high school. One of the first things I wanted to try when I arrived was a real French crepe. After all, I had been taking French lessons and learning about French culture since the First grade and it was high time I got to sink my teeth into one of those delectable French "pancakes". 

This past weekend, the craving struck! I really wanted a crepe - stuffed with that hazelnut spread, the infamous Nutella, and strawberries. I probably ate a couple dozen of these that month I spent in France and it was finally time to try to make them at home. I used this crepe recipe and then slabbed a good helping of Nutella and sliced strawberries inside. They were delicious and nearly as good as I remember the authentic French crepes I ate that summer to be. Bon appetit!


2 comments:

  1. Yum, Susannah! One of my favorite foods. Lovely photo. I imagine walking the Seine with you and our warm crepes:) I hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What fun we would have! Oh, how I wish we were in Paris this moment :) I hope you are also well - and good luck with your new full time creative endeavors, how exciting!

      Delete

 

My Grammar of Ornament All rights reserved
© Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger