April 6, 2012

Classic Films: Gypsy



























It's been such a long time since I did a Classic Films post, so after watching Gypsy last week, I decided it was time to finally do one. With Natalie Wood and Rosalind Russell, how could I not??! The costumes in this film were fabulous; especially once Lousie Hovick (Natalie Wood) finally takes on her persona of Gypsy Rose Lee.

However, Rose Hovick's (Rosalind Russell) style is not be overlooked. As a pushy showbiz mom, she knew she needed to dress the part and some of her outfits were total showstoppers. I also loved the tomboy style of Natalie's character as a young girl - so spot on, even today.








Here's a few things inspired by this movie that I'm wanting for Spring:


Gypsy































1.Blooming Whin Shift 2.Band Stand Chic Coat 3.Daffodil Voltaic Loafers 4.Cold Wave Scarf Necklace 5.Jet Set Slippers 6.Holding Horses Boyfriend Roll-Ups 7.Cropped Lace Blouse 8.Vintage Pajama Set 9.Page Girl Cap 10.Cow Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Grammar of Ornament All rights reserved
© Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger