June 13, 2012

Classic Films: Great Film Directors



























It's been a while since I've been able to indulge in watching some classic films. Between my full time job and working on the shop, I just don't have as much free time as I used to. However, when I caught a glimpse of the  Great Film Directors Stamps released by the Postal Service, I told myself I need to make time in my schedule to do so. I suppose I know what film I need to watch next too...The Maltese Falcon. It's the only film portrayed in these stamps that I have yet to see.

I've seen many a John Ford movie, including The Searchers, because N, like many guys, loves a good western, especially a John Ford/John Wayne western.





Frank Capra's film It Happened One Night was one of the first classic films I saw - the energy and charisma between Claudette Colbert and Clark Gable is absolutely magnetic.


And Billy Wilder never disappoints when it comes to having a good laugh and Some Like it Hot is about as good as it gets. Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis and Marilyn Monroe...enough said.















image credits: Stamps/John Wayne/Clark & Claudette/Jack, Tony & Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Grammar of Ornament All rights reserved
© Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger