June 6, 2012

Inspiration: When It's Over

























“When it’s over, I want to say: all my life
I was a bride married to amazement.
I was a bridegroom, taking the world into my arms.

When it’s over, I don’t want to wonder
if I have made of my life something particular, and real.
I don’t want to find myself sighing and frightened
or full of argument.

I don’t want to end up simply having visited this world.”

-Mary Oliver, "When Death Comes"

I'm not much of a poetry person, but when I read this excerpt from the poem "When Death Comes", something stirred in me. The last line... it took my breath away...it made me think...and it inspired me to start living in a new way.

image credit: "Stories of Étretat" by Veronika Tumova via Bon Parisian

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Grammar of Ornament All rights reserved
© Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger